Last Updated: 21 August 2018
This Policy explains:
- The Information We Collect
- How We Use the Information
- How We Share Information
- Updates and Access to Personal Information
- Closing Your Account; Data Retention
- How We Protect Your Information
- Marketing Choices
- Changes to this Policy
- How to Contact Us
1. The Information We Collect
Information You Provide.
We collect certain personal information that you provide directly to us. When you register with us, we collect your name, business name, email address and password, mailing address, and phone number. If you sign up for a subscription, we collect payment information including credit card information. We will also collect information you share in communications with us concerning our services, including feedback concerning our Services and survey information, and any other information you provide us in relation to our Services. For the purpose of this policy, we refer to this information as “Personal Information”.
Information We Collect.
We automatically gather information about your use of our Web Apps and website through cookies, web beacons, java script, log files and other technologies. For example, we may automatically collect: your domain name, browser type, device type and operating system; page views and links you click within the Services; IP address, device ID or other identifier; location information; date and time stamp, and time spent using the Services; referring URL; and your activity within the Services. We may combine this information with other information we have collected about you, including your user name, name, and other personal information. Please see the “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies” section below for more information. We also automatically collect information from your use of our Mobile Apps and Products. In addition to the aforementioned information, we may also collect information concerning: Products and Services use, device health, measurements and calculations performed by the Mobile Apps and Products, and identification information for your Mobile Apps, Products, and your mobile device.
2. How We Use Information.
Information You Provide. Without further consent from you, we will not use the information that you provide except as follows:
- To provide the Services to you.
- To communicate with you through email and other methods about your use of the Services and in the provision of customer service to you; this may include responding to your inquiries, fulfilling your orders, or providing technical support.
- To tailor content we send or display to you in order to offer location customization and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experience using the Services.
- For direct marketing and promotional purposes (unless you have opted out); for example, we may use contact information such as your email address to send you newsletters, special offers, or promotions, or to otherwise contact you about Purpl products. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails by following the opt-out instructions in the email or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We may still email customer service and transaction-related communications, even if you have opted out of receiving our newsletters and promotions.
- To better understand how users access and use our Services in order to improve our Services (which may include developing additional products and services) and for other research and analytical purposes. As part of this, we may collect and analyze usage details (e.g., storage size used, access logs, etc.) related to content; however, we do not actually access content for these purposes.
- To comply with the law or legal proceedings; for example, we may disclose information in response to lawful demands by public authorities or other right holders, including responding to national security or law enforcement disclosure requirements. We will not share your information with a government entity unless served with a valid subpoena.
Information We Collect
We may use aggregated, de-identified, anonymized data about your use of our Services. Such data will not identifiable or attributable to you. This data will be used, for example, to help us improve our Services, develop new offerings or uses, to create data reports, o for other internal research and analyses purposes. Purpl will not provide any identifiable or attributable information we collect from you to third parties.
3. How We Share Information
5. Updates and Access to Personal Information
Accessing and Updating Your AccountInformation. Individual users may log in and use the Account Administration settings or email us email@example.com to access or update account profile information. Enterprise users may log in and use the Account Administration settings or contact an administrator of the organization’s account to access or update account profile information. Purpl will support its enterprise customers as needed to update an individual’s account information.
6. Closing Your Account; Data Retention
Closing Your Account.
If you wish to close your account, you may do so by means of our Web Apps or by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain your account information and data while your account is active, and after as otherwise necessary for our legitimate business purposes (such as record keeping, accounting, fraud prevention and other business administrative purposes, or where required by law). We will regularly review the information retained by us and delete any such information that is no longer necessary for us in light of our legitimate business purposes. We may delete your data after your account has been cancelled or terminated.
7. How We Protect Your Information
We have implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect, including the information you provide and the information you collect. However, no company, including Purpl, can guarantee the absolute security of Internet communications. If you have any questions please refer to our Support page or you can contact us email@example.com.
8. Marketing Choices
Customers can opt out of being contacted by us for marketing or promotional purposes by following the opt-out instructions located in the e-mails we send, by changing the account privacy settings, or by emailing us firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out of marketing communications, Purpl will continue to send you transactional or servicerelated communications, such as service announcements and administrative messages. If you do not wish to receive these, you have the option to cancel your account by logging in and using the Account Administration settings or by emailing us email@example.com.
9. Changes to this Policy
10. How to Contact Us Questions regarding this Policy or our privacy practices should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org , or by regular mail addressed to PURPL SCIENTIFIC INC, 360 N. Boyle Ave., St. Louis MO 63108.